Use the drop down menus below to view full information about our Pupil Premium and Sports Premium
Funding, how it is spent and what impact this has had.
What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium funding supports the way Ravensfield Primary School provides for key groups of children to help them achieve their full potential. The funding is used to provide a range of experiences for children to meet their needs. Some children need extra support and we use the Pupil Premium to ensure that we can provide support for this.
School have the freedom to spend Pupil Premium money as they see fit, however schools are held accountable for the progress and achievement of those students in receipt of the funding.
Children eligible for the Pupil Premium:
- Pupils on roll entitled to Free School Meals.
- Children eligible for Free School Meals at any time in the last 6 years. (Ever 6)
- Pupils in the care of the local authority.
- Pupils with a parent in the Armed Services.
- Pupils who were previously looked after and then adopted, or under special guardianship, or residency order on or after 30th December 2005.
PE and Sports Grant
What is the current allocation of the PE and Sports Grant?
In 2020 - 2021 the school received a grant of £19610.
The school decided to use this funding to take part in the Active Tameside.
This partnership offered the school the following:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular activity - kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- increased participation in competitive sport.
For full details please click on the PE Report at the bottom of the page.
End of KS2 Swimming Data
Out of the 61 children, who are in year 6, 45 children can meet the end of KS2 requirements. As a result, we have decided that we would invest some of our P.E grant into this important and life- saving area.