This term's spellings are:
old kind most only both won hour improve change parents path replies sugar metal blew shiny wrapped section happiness enjoyment
In grammar we are looking at:
- apostrophes - marking contractions eg they are = they're he is - he's
- Correct choice and consistent use of present tense and past tense throughout writing
- Formation of nouns using suffixes such as -ness and -er eg happy = happiness
WELCOME TO CLASS 4
Children in this class are aged between 6 and 7.
Teacher: Mrs Turnbull
Teaching Assistant: Miss Bowden
Eco School Councillors: Natasha Odell and Olivia Allford
Homework: This goes home on Wednesday and needs to be back in school the following Tuesday.
PE: Your child needs a pair of black shorts, a house colour t-shirt and a pair of pumps. Please ensure that your child has no earrings in on PE days (Wednesday and Thursday) and that long hair is tied back.
WEBSITES WHICH HELP
Towers, Tunnels and Turrets - Summer 2 Topic
Ideas for things to do at home:
- Play a tumbling tower game such as Jenga. What are the best ways of keeping the tower upright?
- Go on a bridge hunt with your grown-ups around the local area. What types of bridge have you seen?
- Make a detailed diagram of a castle labelling interesting features which might be found inside and out. Perhaps you could find out about murder homes, garderobes or loopholes.
- What fascinating facts can you find out?
- Design and create a model of a famous structure from around the world using junk materials. How about London Bridge, Leaning Tower of Pisa or the Statue of Liberty?
- Using a world map or globe find all the famous landmarks you would like to visit. How would you get there?
- Design a castle for Dukinfield - where would you put it? What would you build if from?
World Book Day 2016
Class 4 received a selection of items: a carpet, a frog, some puzzles and even a crown. Then a pair of glasses appeared and a book.
We wrote to Mr Majeika about Hamish Bigmore and he sent us a message ...