This term's spellings are:
old kind most only both won hour improve change parents path replies sugar metal blew shiny wrapped section happiness enjoyment
In grammar we are looking at:
- Apostrophes used to mark contracted forms in spelling eg they are = they're or he is = he's
- Correct choice and consistent use of present tense and past tense throughout writing
- Formation of nouns using suffixes such as - ness and -er eg happiness spinner
WELCOME TO CLASS 3
Children in this class are aged between 6 and 7.
Teacher: Miss Greaves
Teaching Assistant: Miss Potter
Homework: This goes home on Wednesday and needs to be back in school the following Tuesday.
PE: Your child needs a pair of black shorts, a house colour t-shirt and a pair of pumps. Please ensure that your child has no earrings in on PE days (Wednesday) and that long hair is tied back.
WEBSITES WHICH HELP
Towers, Tunnels and Turrets - Summer 2 Topic
Ideas for things to do at home:
- Play a tumbling tower game such as Jenga. What are the best ways of keeping the tower upright?
- Go on a bridge hunt with your grown-ups around the local area. What types of bridge have you seen?
- Make a detailed diagram of a castle labelling interesting features which might be found inside and out. Perhaps you could find out about murder homes, garderobes or loopholes.
- What fascinating facts can you find out?
- Design and create a model of a famous structure from around the world using junk materials. How about London Bridge, Leaning Tower of Pisa or the Statue of Liberty?
- Using a world map or globe find all the famous landmarks you would like to visit. How would you get there?
- Design a castle for Dukinfield - where would you put it? What would you build if from?